History of The Bedford Arms
Public House and Hotel
Once standing on the corner at 37 Queens Road. The Bedford public house also went by the names of the Bedford Arms and the Bedford Hotel at various stages during its life.
The Bedford was destroyed during World War Two following a direct hit by an HE (highly explosive) bomb on the 5th of October 1940. A more modern building was constructed to replace it, which was originally a carpet shop, but now belongs to a building society.